The Database Administrator's role is to install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
The Database Administrator works with a team of DBAs and application developers to bring industry best practices to database design, Secure, perform SQL tuning and maintenance to ensure multiple database instances are fully functional 24/7. This role will participate in on-call rotation to provide 7x12 support to the environment.
As part of a multibillion-pound equity business owned by HG Capital, FE FundInfo is the leading provider of fund data in the UK and specializes in the collection, validation, dissemination and analysis of fund information within data feeds, documentation, web pages and Internet-based fund selection tools. FE FundInfo is an aggressively growing company, through either sales or acquisitions, with operations currently in the UK, Chennai, Hong Kong, Brno, Singapore, Zurich, Luxembourg and Australia.
Technology is at the center of FE FundInfo and how it delivers investment fund data and advice to global clients. The infrastructure team is the foundation for technical and service delivery, ensuring services for both internal and external customers, ensuring fast, efficient and reliable services. The office in Chennai is the heart of technology for FE FundInfo, with a clear vision to continue to expand and grow, aiming to be one of India's top tech companies in the next 3 years.
FE FundInfo is also engaged in the building of software tools, research centers, document production platforms and advanced analytical products for data vendors, institutions and financial advisers enabling them to retrieve and analyze data in forensic detail.
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Perform backup and recovery operations
- Respond and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Monitor, optimize, and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop,implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
- Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required.
Key Technical Skills
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Database Administrator
- Solid understanding of SQL Server Replication, Always-On, log shipping,Mirroring
- Knowledge of Scripting Languages such as PowerShell is a plus
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience (SQL Profiler, Execution Plans etc).
- Exposure to cloud database administration Azure is a plus
- T-SQL experience is a plus
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting SQL Server 2014 and 2017
Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
Beneficial Technical Skills
- Knowledge of ITIL, ISMS will be an added advantage. ITIL Foundation certification is beneficial.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and related technology.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Key Behavioural Skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in non-technical language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Willing to work during required shifts (shift 1 6:00am to 3 pm , shift 2 -UK shift)
- Very good communication skills, ability to explain complex issues in non-technical language for stakeholders.
- Constant urge for knowledge enhancement.
- Attention to detail and proven problem-solving ability.
- Excellent English language is essential, as will need to communicate with offices abroad in the UK, Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Zurich, Hong Kong and Australia.
Education & Experience:
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or equivalent work experience.
- Job Type   :  Full Time